Recently, we’ve held interactive discussions with our clients and the larger Atlanta business community to discuss how to enable businesses to securely work from home.
We’ve seen a shift in the tactics used by cyber criminals to lure victims in relation to the global health crisis such as phishing emails impersonating WHO, CDC, and local governments preying on peoples’ desire for more information. A common attack threat actors often make is to target unprotected devices (especially a personal device) and wait until they are reconnected to the corporate network to launch a broad takeover for ransom.
- Secure Home Networks: Businesses should think of employees’ home network as an extension of their business network. Don’t wait any longer to ensure your techs and employees have the appropriate and safe assets to do their jobs effectively.
- Cyber Security Awareness Training: Digital Agent regularly conducts mock phishing simulations to help educate your employees and ensure they understand what to watch out for and can avoid phishing tactics. This has proved successful for many clients, and we have seen an increase in vigilance and reporting from our employees regarding scams related to the current health crisis.
- Enable 2 Factor Authentication: Now is the time to enable 2FA if you haven’t already. Waiting til tomorrow is too late. Be careful about your employees using credentials from untrusted devices or their family’s devices. It’s an unnecessary operating risk to proceed without 2FA.
- Modern Operating System: Are your employees using their corporate-issued workstation or a personal device? Does the device they’re using run off a supported operating system (OS)?
- Endpoint Security: Don’t kid yourself. You know your employees are way more likely to get distracted on the internet at home than they are at the office. This is why you must have Endpoint Security installed and operational on any workstation. Digital Agent’s Endpoint Security solution prevents access to malicious websites, acts as another defense against threats, identifies malware through machine learning.
Stay healthy, safe, and vigilant with Digital Agent.
More than ever, businesses are turning to their managed IT service provider for guidance to help them navigate these uncertain times and avoid evolving threats. Throughout this time, Digital Agent is here to help keep the Atlanta business community informed, connected, and strong. Head to our Blog for more resources and tips.
Digital Agent combines the latest technical innovations with old-fashioned service values. Modeled like a family-run business with a commitment to customer care, personalized service and attention to detail.